CONDOMINIIUM CREATION AND GOVERNANCE
Huntley Law represents condominium associations, unit owners and developers in all aspects of condominium law, and the creation, development and maintenance of condominiums. Whether you are a developer at the beginning stages of a condominium development project, or you are a condominium association board with questions as to the assessment of condominium dues or the obligations of the condominium association board, or you are a condominium unit owner with objections to the amount of your monthly assessment or to the condition of the common areas, Huntley Law can assist you with your problems and can answer questions for you.
Scope of Representation
Huntley Law can represent you in connection with all stages of the condominium development and maintenance process for buildings and units located in Minneapolis, St. Paul, or greater Minnesota. The following are just some of the many ways that Huntley Law can represent you:
- Condominium formation and conversion
- Creation, interpretation, amendment and enforcement of the governing documents -- Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and the rules and regulations.
- Collection of delinquent assessments, fine enforcement, and condominium lien proceedings
- Building code issues, zoning relief and permitting
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions having an impact on the operation of condominium associations.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues.
- Assisting the condominium board on fiscal matters such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community.
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- Counseling developers in the pre-transition phase of the community's evolution.
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled associations on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for capital improvements, etc.
Contact Huntley Law today to determine how we can assist you. We are conveniently located in downtown Minneapolis.